Friday, April 18, 2014

Up Up and Away

Hello my crafty peeps and happy Friday! I hope you are having a great day! This is my favorite weekend of the year because this Sunday is Easter. I hope it finds you well and able to be surrounded by loved ones and filled with love for our Lord and Savior.
On to my project! I have been inspired all month by the Papercrafter's Corner Earth Day 2014 challenge to create with recyclable household items, junk, neglected craft supplies, scraps, things that may otherwise by trash...you get the idea. I've been making a bunch of things with this inspiration in mind and yesterday, I got this bright idea! I turned an old lightbulb and altered it into a hot air balloon! Here's how it came out...
The bulb is colored with my homemade alcohol inks which worked pretty decent. I added lines of liquid pearls and then layed a bit of stickles atop the pearl lines once they dried. The alcohol ink sort of just blended itself into the lines so it looks really cool in real life! All the ribbon and embellishments on this project are old, neglected or small scraps of things I never use but refuse to throw away! The thing at the top that looks like metal filigree is a sticker I've had on a sheet from at least 12 years old, maybe older. Never thought I'd use that one lol! Anyway, this is it! I hope you like it! I do, although I'm not sure where I should put it up--definitely in my craft room somewhere. I thought about giving it to my little niece but she's only 6 and I'm not quite sure it's appropriate for a girl her age.
I am also submitting my lightbulb hot air balloon into the:
Thanks so very much for stopping by today! If you have a question about how I made my hot air balloon, just ask! Maybe you'll be inspired to find something around the house to alter or upcycle?? I hope so and if you do, please do share!! I'd love to see your recycled projects and ideas too! Then be sure to submit your ideas to the Papercrafter's Corner Earth Day challenge! Wishing you a creative and blessed day!!!

11 comments:

jessica said...

WOW WOW WOW Linsey!!! This is beyond AMAZING!!!! What a awesome idea to use a lightbulb and turn it into a balloon!! Such a gorgeous piece of srt!!!!
Thanks for sharing my sweet friend and have a GREAT weekend!!!
BTW~congrats on your win over at Trendy Twine!!!!

Stampsnob. said...

You are amazing HAPPY EASTER...........Lis

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - this is FABULOUS Linsey!!!
How clever to use the light globe to make your balloon!!!

Kate said...

AMAZING creation, looks Awesome my friend. I mean WOW.

Heather said...

very pretty and vintage looking, greaet creation.

craftinka said...

Hi Linsey what a fab creation! I love it! What a creative way to reuse old light bulb!Hugs, Justyna xxx

craftinka said...

Hi Linsey what a fab creation! I love it! What a creative way to reuse old light bulb!Hugs, Justyna xxx

pauline said...

fabolous loving it .thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts April challenge x

Unknown said...

Oh Wow!!!! What a fantastic project. Thanks for sharing this with us over on Seemacrafts Vintage challenge for April. Hugs, Donalda Design Team Member

Carol Plume said...

what a great project - thank you for sharing with us at Tando Creative.

Karen said...

WOW! this is beautiful work Linsey! Thank you so much for sharing it with us over at Tando x